[AT] OT- Pex

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Tue Jan 5 03:34:08 PST 2010

When we remodeled here in the mid 1990's before moving in I had all the
1940's/1950's plumbing and electrical replaced.
Pex and PVC were used extensively.  I've had no problems other than the
lack of a shutoff on the lines into the well (surface pump) which made
priming said pump a bit difficult.
Dad has some work done in the past with isobutylene tubing and
fittings.  So far one minor problem.

I absolutely HATE plumbing so I'll call my plumber when I need more than
simple fixes.  Bad thing is neither he or I could EVER manage the
crawlspace under this house.  We I had the remodel done the plumber that
did the work was like my grandpa was - very much on the tiny and skinny
side.  Mr. Howell has retired now (he had just come out of retirement
then to work with his sons in his old plumbing business), is 90+ and
sings every Sunday in the church choir.  One can only hope to be  as
spry as he is if I every make that age milestone.

David
NW NC