[AT] Was: Re: Politics Now, Open Range

Gene Waugh GWaugh at wowway.com
Sun Jan 3 10:29:20 PST 2010

MANY years ago---early 1960s, I lived between Boulder and Longmont, CO
(Niwot).  The wife's horse got out one night and got smacked by a
car---that guy kept on going, but I heard later he had torn out his
radiator & overheated badly.  In looking around to see if there was
anything I could do to go after him, what the lawyers told me was that
(at that time, anyway) the area was still essentially open range for
cattle, but NOT for horses---so I was in the wrong...needless to say I
did not look for the guy any more!!

Gene