[AT] The last question I had on my list for December.

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Jan 1 10:39:39 PST 2010

Down this way and a little east of us there is a lot of farm land that is
only 10 feet or so above sea level has a high water table as well.  It's
loamy black land and to be able to farm it there are large canals to manage
the water.  We've got some kind of a vermin down here called a Nutrea that
is a cross between a weasle and warf rat as far as I can tell.  They are bad
about carving out big holes in the ditch bank and up under the adjacent
field.  It's not uncommon for a tractor to pass over one of those "caves"
and "cave in" turning the tractor over in a water filled canal.  A lot of
guys have been hurt and some killed that way and a lot of nice equipment
torn up.

Charlie