[AT] New things was: The last question I had on my list for December. (OT)

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 1 10:50:26 PST 2010

Rob, we've had tons of the critters around here (SW lower Michigan) for quite some time, although I don't remember them in my youth.  But then again I don't always remember yesterday.
The DNR has FINALLY admitted we have cougars in MI.  They have tried to skirt the facts for years, (why???).  There is one that appears to center it's territory just west of my town.  In reality, though, there hasn't been as much livestock damage as I would have thought.   I would have figured with as many coyotes and the cougar the loss of animals would have been epidemic, nothing in the news or in the coffee shops.  Go figure.

David