[Farmall] 39 Farmall A crankshaft question

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Sat Feb 27 10:57:02 PST 2010

There are plenty of crankshafts on eBay, but you'd have to trust the
seller and make sure your getting something good. Probably have to ask
them to take measurements since I'm sure they just pulled it and put it up
for sale.

About three years ago I had to have the crankshaft on my Cub reworked
after I spun a couple of bearings on a really cold winter day. Cost $80
and included cleaning up all the connecting rods and new bearings all the
way around (main and connecting rods).  It did take about two weeks to get
back since the engine house I took it to was able to do the welding on the
crankshaft, but didn't have a grinder small enough to grind the areas they
welded. They had to send it out for the grinding.

Carl Szabelski

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.