[AT] Tractor Diesel Engine question - non-antique

cchopper at centurytel.net cchopper at centurytel.net
Sun Feb 21 11:18:09 PST 2010

Grant,

We all know what has been done in the past as far as turning up the
fuel.  A good operator with common sense could turn up the fuel and not
have any problems and then there is the other side of the coin.

One of the main concerns on newer EPA certified engines is the
emissions.  If you get your engine/fuel delivery set up, don't go the
the coffee shop and brag on it.  You never know where an EPA snitch is
awaiting, it could be costly.

As far as Hp goes and dynos and
results.............................Last week and this coming week I'm
doing some dealer training in the Orlando area.  I dyno test 2 tractors
8 times a day.  It is amazing the test difference between 8:00 am
morning, 35-40 degree F., and the 4 p.m test when the ambient temp is
in the 70's.

I realize I did not answer any questions but thought I would toss out
some sideline info.

Ernie-Samson tractor collector