[AT] Case D Industrial

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 06:57:54 PST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 9:36 PM, Herbert Metz <metz-h.b at mindspring.com>wrote:

> Ken
> Unless you are wanting to keep the tractor stock, a Char-Lynn power
> steering retrofit is probably less costly and much easier to do.  Just
> remove approx nine inch portion of steering shaft, insert the Char-Lynn
> torque generator (small than a quart jar),  add a power steering pump and
> resorvoir from a small old pickup, connect the two hoses to both, crank it
> up, and that is it.
> Small fork lifts are a likely source for the Char-Lynn torque generator.
>  Herb

AHA! I like that idea. I have looked at the Char-Lynn units before and have
seen them listed new someplace for about $500. That's more than I paid for
the tractor so I've been looking into alternatives.
I have a power steering cylinder off a Massey Harris combine I thought about
putting on there but I haven't had enough round tuits. The forklift idea is
great; the Char-Lynn method is a lot simpler. I have a power steering pump
already.

Thanks Herb.

Ken in AZ