[AT] Case D Industrial

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 13:06:13 PST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Ralph Goff <alfg at sasktel.net> wrote:

> This interesting little tractor and front end loader showed up on a local
> auction site. Its listed as a Case D Industrial tractor but doesn't look
> much like any D I have ever seen. Anyone else familiar with these?
>
> http://www.farmauctionguide.com/cgi-bin/viewimg.cgi?/auctionimages/barrie_1258485068_f_JS0401011.jpg
>
> Ralph in Sask.

I've got a DI with a loader. They are heavy. The basic tractor is the same
but they usually have a foot clutch. That's got a lighter loader on it than
the one on mine (mine says Case "40"). Does it have live hydraulics? How
about power steering? They get awful hard to steer with a loaded bucket, no
rear counterweight and no power steering (I want to add power steering to
mine when I get it back in the shop). They countered with a huge ratio on
the steering so once it's moving you have to turn a LOT to get it pointed
where you want.

Let me know if you have questions. I'll help as I can.

Ken in AZ