[AT] Wind generators, was RE: Snow

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Wed Feb 17 08:49:50 PST 2010

Cecil, I would recommend you look at the old Mother Earth News issues
and other similar sources for information. Commercial units have to be
built to avoid all lawsuits and also to yield a profit for a relatively
small production level, so are currently still very expensive. Also
check with OK State University to see if they have an expert possibly
in the Engineering dept? That might be a help. Third, check for internet
plans. Fourth, I vaguely remember a book that was reviewed in someplace
like Acres USA on how to build your own at some point in the distant
past. If all of those fail, take a trip to see us in California and
try to buy one of the unused ones sitting in one of the passes that
are no longer "technologically up to date" or "need a new generator
inserted".... Oh, also there are military surplus units out there too
somewhere I believe, but finding them may be beyond difficult.
           Grant