[AT] Snow

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Feb 17 03:39:42 PST 2010

You should be around here in central OK, NW of OKC.  Land speculators
have raised the price of undeveloped land to $7k per acre.  I try to
lease some land to hay for sale to horse owners.  I got one 160acre
plot, but the other 40 acre one I lost the hay crop to the owner who
hired a guy to mow the place before the fourth of JULY.  He was worried
about fire.  actually he was worried about not selling a lot on the
place..  I have tried to cut many small 10 to 20 acre fields for hay
last summer.  These people would rather pay someone to cut it down than
allow a guy to utilize it for hay.   I even tried to pay a fee for the
grass and they would rather someone cut it down.

I am waiting on the snow again.  This time I am prepared.  I got my
Caterpillar 112F road grader in here last night.  It is an ex military
one and really has had good care taken of it for the last 30 years.  It
was shedded and only used to grade some access roads on the Veterans
center in Eastern OK..  If I can get one of the old Hghway Dept
snowplows mounted on the front of it, I can really have some fun.

In this part of OK, the wind is always 5 to 15mph  and this year it is
colder than I ever remember.  I have worked outside for many years and
this time i just can't seem to stand it.  This wind is like a knife
cutting at the back of your neck constantly.  I have looked at the wind
generator location map and I am in a very small area that is listed as
good.  I contacted a small wind generator company and they would not
talk to me,  The JD dealer near here is selling wind generators but they
are in the $30k range..  I need something for $5k and do it yourself..
If I can get some type of biomass boiler, I can cut a lot of the
electric bills for this heat pump.

Cecil inOKla