[AT] OT was runaway cars/now "electronic steering"

Ron Cook rlcook at longlines.com
Tue Feb 2 21:25:19 PST 2010

Military aircraft can get by with the fly-by-wire.  Volunteers are
flying them with parachutes on and if you throw the airplane away, it
gets replaced.;-)  There has been much trouble here and there with the
Airbus.  Just not published much.  Except the first one that went in the
trees at the airshow.

I had to look for a long time to find a good mechanical semi to buy.  I
don't like the feel of the throttle on the electronic versions.  The
computer does do a good job of controlling the engine though.  When it
works.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA