[AT] OT was runaway cars/now "electronic steering"

John Dunlap jsdunlap at roadkill.org
Tue Feb 2 08:02:24 PST 2010

That might explain why my 3800lb Vette, with 350cid, Qjet, headers and
a 'mild' cam was only getting 8 to 10 mph. Of course it probably
didn't matter who drove it, hehehehe, and that the way to work was a
straight shot of about 3.5 miles. Twas fun while it lasted. Sold it
for what I paid for it...

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:12 PM, charliehill <charliehill at embarqmail.com> wrote:
> Ralph,  no doubt the old Olds and Buick engines, Cadillac too for that
> matter ran economical for what they were.  My comparison was a little
> different.  I was thinking about the 345 HP 454 Chevy I had that got 10
> miles to the gallon in a 3900 lb car  compared to my 06 GMC 5.3 litre engine
> 315 hp that gets between 17 and 20 in a 5000 + lb truck.   I have to admit
> that 454 Chevy was a lot more fun.
>
> I knew a guy that had an early 70's Ford F 150.  He put a 502 Cadillac in
> it.  You didn't want to try to pass him!
>
> Charlie

"The reason dogs have so many friends is that they wag their tails
instead of their tongues"