[AT] OT was runaway cars/now "electronic steering"

Mark Greer markagreer at embarqmail.com
Mon Feb 1 17:48:22 PST 2010

On military aircraft there are multiple redundancy systems to take over and
keep it in the air in case the normal used systems fail. Money is generally
no object when these systems are designed. Cars on the other hand will
likely not have those multiple redundant systems due to the excessive costs.
I don't want to be behind the wheel of a car with electronic steering when
it fails and my turning the steering wheel does not steer the car....
Mark