[AT] OT was runaway cars/now "electronic steering"

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 1 17:53:00 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "charliehill" <charliehill at embarqmail.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 7:32 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] OT was runaway cars/now "electronic steering"

> Ralph,  some of the old power steering didn't have much road feel.   Some
> of
> it was power steering and some was power assisted steering with the power
> assisted having proper road feel.  I have to agree with you about the old
> Chevy cars and trucks with q-jets, particularly the ones with big block
> motors.  However I sure like the higher gas mileage we get now.
>
> charlie

Well Charlie I have probably said this before but the fuel injected 4.3
litre engine in my 97 Blazer seems to burn just as much gas as the 403 Olds
V8 in my 81 pickup. Seems a little strange  to me but thats the experience I
have . I will admit the fuel injected 4.3 is a lot more "user friendly" on a
cold start. The Olds takes a lot of warm up before it will pull smoothly
without stalling. But once its hot, hold onto your hat!!!!!!!!!!

Ralph in Sask.