[AT] HIGH IDLE now runaway cars

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Feb 1 08:14:18 PST 2010

Larry,  IF the problem even exists I doubt it is the accelerator pedal or
the floor mat.  I'm betting it's a throttle position sensor error.  I'm
saying that based on the death of a veteran police officer and 3 other
family members in his car when he couldn't get his Lexus to stop and went
off into a California revene at 120 mph.  I can imagine some folks going
into a panic, locking their hands on the wheel and their foot on the brake
and hoping for the best but I CAN NOT imagine a trained veteran police
officer that would not think to kick the thing in neutral and turn off the
ignition.  It just doesn't make sense.

You know a few years back GM had the same problem with some cars. I don't
know how they resolved it.