[AT] Engine Temp Gauges

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 07:55:27 PST 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Al Jones <farmallsupera at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I posted this on the farmall side......I have a next door neighbor, my great-uncle, that owns a '49 Super A straight gas burner, with the temp. gauge and shutters.  It's the only one I have seen in real life, though all that equipment was optional. This tractor has no pto or belt pulley which is sort of unusual too.  It was a grey market tractor so it may've originally been headed for an area where these options were more common before it was, shall we say, "diverted."
>
> The Touch Control temp. gauge came later in production, I want to say around '51-'53.  My 48 does not have one, so tractors with the gauge seem strange to me.  I'd love to have a newer Super A with one, just for the sake of having it.
>
> Al
======================================

I'm trying to remember (not always easy) if the Super A became a Super
A without a HP increase? I seem to recall that the Super C did not get
a HP boost from the C. Am I recalling that right? If so were there any
others that became "Super" without a HP boost. The Super M was a fair
jump from the M and had some other additions as well. Three were a
bigger clutch and a bigger radiator and a better gear spread.
Eventually the disk brakes, live hydraulics.
We had a neighbor that had bought one of the very early  Super M's
new. It had more engine and was tagged "S - M" but it had the old
brakes and belly hydraulic pump. I do not recall if it had the
transmission changes or the bigger clutch and radiator.

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"