[AT] HIGH IDLE

Herbert Metz metz-h.b at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 1 07:12:38 PST 2010

Well, don't know how corn picking and storage evolved into high idle, but it did.
Ralph and Gene; it is good to know that my thoughts are shared.
When I was typing that email that started this lengthy, but somewhat informative thread, I knew better than to use that term, but did not want to take the few moments extra to type "just a bit faster than idle".

Page 3 (specifications)  of the 48 page operating instructions for Allis Chalmers G tractors lists:
RPM (full load)    1800 RPM
RPM (high idle)   2100 RPM

Conclusion:  So a "high idle" is a bit faster than "idle"          o- o-o-or   "full load";
Wait a minute, how can "some idle condition"  be faster than  "a full throttle full load condition"?

<grins>
Herb