[AT] HIGH IDLE

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Mon Feb 1 07:55:11 PST 2010

Herb, we love ya' man!

I never bothered learning about it until I was doing warrantee work for a dealership.  Things get a little picky when "fulfulment" comes into play, so I had to review my shop techniques to make sure I wasn't doing something that the company didn't have in their "play book".  Having compensation withheld by the manufacturer on warrantee work because of minor procedural errors is NOT a pleasant experience.  Some manufacturers treat the whole process with a "sudden death" attitude so that if there are any errors -- literally, ANY errors -- then the opportunity for repayment to the dealership for the warrantee work is lost.  Making money on warrantee work is nearly impossible under the best of conditions, but the dealership certainly can't withstand loosing money on it.  Hopefully, the shop breaks even.

The big news item today of course is the Toyota accelerators.  It will be interesting to see what the final outcome of that happens to be.

:Larry