[AT] Yellow Farmall now cold starting

Rupert rwenig2 at xplornet.com
Fri Dec 31 17:39:41 PST 2010

	Something else to think about. Many of the newer tractors that used 90
wt gear oil have a live power take offs. The Cockshutt 30 and 40 and
1850 are among that group. The cold gear oil in the PTO can make it very
difficult to turn the engine over. We warmed the gear case with a fire
pot on the 30 and 40 as we didn't have electricity at the time. The 1850
had block heaters since we had power when we got the tractor. 3 hours of
run time on the block heater with the tractor outside was lots to start
it if the batteries were good.

Rupert