[AT] Yellow Farmall now cold starting

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Fri Dec 31 15:15:24 PST 2010

    Ralph;

    I use 2, 12 volt batteries on all 3 of my diesels. The Case 700 has a
conventional cable setup with +to +then to starter soleniod and - to -and
grounded on transmission case. It uses group 24F batteries. On the Case 900
and the IH 660 I run a seperate cable from each battery + terminal to
starter solenoid terminal, Then I ground each battery seperately to
transmission housing. I use group 31 batteries in both of them. Cables are
1-0 gauge. All of these tractors originally had 2, 6 volt batteries in
series and with the 12 volt batteries in parallel all tractors crank much
faster and batteries last longer. Yes, all tractors have external tank
heaters. 1000 watt on the 700 and 1500 watt on the 900 and 660. I have had
the same can of ether for over 30 years and still not empty. All tractors
are parked in a barn and plenty of electrical outlets.

                            Gene