[AT] Yellow Farmall now cold starting

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Dec 31 10:51:17 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Herbert Metz" <metz-h.b at mindspring.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2010 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] Yellow Farmall now cold starting

> Barbara's electric hair dryer discharging into the Allis G air intake was
> very successful one cold day.
> Herb

I'm sure it would work Herb. As would a kettle of boiling water poured on
the intake manifold. We have used that on the grain auger engines in the
past. The manifold heating seems to help most engines and its not a new
concept. My 730 Case diesel has a 12 volt coil heater built right into the
intake manifold and it makes a world of difference even on a cool summer
day.

Ralph in Sask.