[AT] gasoline

Guy Fay fayguyma at execpc.com
Thu Dec 30 21:12:22 PST 2010

The "Deep Water Royalty Relief Act," enacted in 1995 under the Clinton
administration, granted the federal government a "holiday" from royalty
payments on leases sold from 1996 to 2000.

The "Energy Policy Act of 2005," enacted during the Bush administration,
mandated the elimination of royalty payments on oil from deep wells when
prices fall below a certain level, providing a direct incentive for
deepwater drilling.

Ask and ye shall receive.