[AT] Passing of John Girard

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Tue Dec 28 08:42:20 PST 2010

Gene, thank you for letting us know.  I'm very sorry to hear of Mr. Girard's
passing.  I did not really know him, but he and his family were kind and
patient with me during my first trips to Portland back in the late 1990s,
when I didn't know a peanut washer from a clover huller and had many
questions.  I know I'm only one of a great, great many who've enjoyed the
results of his work and commitment.

Here's a photo of the Portland threshing crew from 1998.  Mr. Girard is in
the back row, with the orange hat and yellow shirt.
http://www.vinsonfarm.net/photos/threshing_crew.jpg.

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net