[Ford-ferguson] hydraulic pipe question

Howard Fleming hfleming at moosebird.net
Tue Dec 21 11:31:30 PST 2010

Quick question on pipe suitable for a hydraulic line on a Ford 8N.

I need a short length of pipe to run from the hydraulic test port up to
the front of the tractor.  The fitting I have to connect to the test
port accepts 1/4 inch pipe, which I will need to size up to 1/2 inch for
the coupling.

What type pipe would you all recommend, or would I be better off running
the whole thing in hydraulic hose, and rigging a heat shield where it
runs next to the muffler?

The line will be used to run the hydraulic cylinder for a Sauder snow plow.

Thanks,
Howard