[Farmall] Int. 184 overhaul - a mystery

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Dec 14 04:27:05 PST 2010

Yes, John, it is the same C-60 engine as the Cub with very slight
modifications to get it to put out 20 hp at 2200 RPM. The oil pump is at
the front of the engine and the oil pressure control valve is at the
front side, under the governor housing. The valve consists of a simple
compression spring with a metal tip pressing against a hole in the oil
line. When the pressure exceeds the factory spec, the oil pushes past
the tip and drains back into the sump. It is accessed by removing a
large hex cap that I will remove when I resume my tractor activities
this afternoon. See page 12-19 of the Farmall Cub parts manual or page
12-14 of the 154/184/185 Loboy manual.

Mike