[Farmall] Int. 184 overhaul - a mystery

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Tue Dec 14 03:40:28 PST 2010

Mike,

Looks like you got it right. There should be a small straight plug (VALVE,
oil pressure regulating),  a spring (SPRING, oil pressure regulating
valve), a gasket (GASKET, oil pressure regulating valve), and a threaded
plug ( PLUG, oil pressure regulating valve).

>From the looks of it, I'd say it didn't come straight out like it should
have. Maybe the plug came loose and the spring got mangled as it hung in
the hole (?). Definitely wouldn't put it back in if that is the spring
we're talking about. You may want to look for the valve while you're
looking for the plug. I can't imagine that it stayed in the hole if both
the spring and the plug wound up in the oil pan

Or this could be a case where somebody mangled the spring servicing the
valve, replaced it with a good spring, and just happen to leave the old
spring in the pan when they buttoned everything back up.
Carl Szabelski

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.