[AT] computers OT

Jerry Rhodes jerry38 at windstream.net
Thu Dec 9 09:27:25 PST 2010

I WILL NOT RUN IT, the story is.. about 2 months ago I told my son, a
computer geek (engr) with Verzion, tht I was going to look for a laptop to
go with my bussiness and home computers that run XP, he said good luck. So I
went the local computer store and ask about a nice unit, he showed me a
couple and I told him I would the HP one and "I whated NO software on it"
you thought I hit him in the mouth, said he could not do that, that it had
MS7 and ..etc... again I said NO software, agin I can't do that, so asked
for the manager, he said the same, so I walked out.
Next I went to Best Buy, about the same thing until I got to the manager, he
did come around to my way after several heated words, than we went round an
around about the cost in that I was NOT buying software, so we came to a
agreement on a price an he removed ALL the software.

My son had her loaded up with XP and Excel in about 30 mins an we are happy,
she work just the same as my other 2 systems. I tried MS7 for several days
on a system at home and did not like it at all, I would need to take several
weeks to change over all my records and files just to get MS7 to read them,
to much BS.

Sorry for the long OT but I think Bill Gates should have been shot just
after DOS 7.

Jerry NW Ohio