[Farmall] 1951 Cub won't start when very hot

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Aug 30 10:25:04 PDT 2010

If it is running very hot, I would check the timing as per the manual.
You need an old fashioned strobe timing light to do it right (and a 12
volt battery to power the light). Also check to see if you have a lot of
grass stuck in the radiator and blow it out from behind.

If you have converted the electrical system from 6 volt to 12 volt, you
need to make sure that there is a proper ballast resistor in series
between the ignition switch and the coil. Otherwise the coil will
overheat and cause the problem you are having.

I am sure others will other suggestions,

Mike