[AT] Reactions to pictures posted from Portland

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Sun Aug 29 20:13:13 PDT 2010

    Paul has given a good description of Portland layout.

    Had 1092 registered camping units plus a few who never registered. Just
under 300 feature tractor exhibits including implements. Just under 500 non
featured tractors and implements. 7 steam engines, 3 full size, 2 models and
2 stationary boilers. Also had model tractors, antique trucks and cars that
I didn't get the count on. Stationary engines were a little over 2800
displays. The Caterpillar display and convention as saparate from the
Tri-State unit count so was not reported to us. I estimate 70 powered units.
    The parts sales area covered 57 acres this year. The Google map Paul
posted shows the grounds very well. Just zoom out 2 clicks and you will have
the entire grounds when centered. The picture was apparently taken shortly
after the show as you can plainly see the trails in the parts area to the
right of the fairground. The campground is on the right of the fairground
and clearly shows the roads there.

                            Gene