[AT] Smoothing a gravel road

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Aug 29 15:07:43 PDT 2010

You can smooth fairly good by back dragging with the loader with the front
of the bucket down and the baack up so as to wedge the fill as you back
drag.  The box blade will smooth it up but will have some dips as the
wheelbase of  the tractor causes the front end to go down and lift the box.
If you have a long slot for the top link in tyhe box blade you can level
real well.  for digging the link is in compression, and to dragging it is in
tension.  In between will smooth out the high spots.

Cecil in OKla