[AT] 3pt mower top link

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Sat Aug 28 08:39:07 PDT 2010

Dick Day wrote:
> Larry, thank you. You just confirmed what I thought.  The rigid top link
> works ok if the land is pretty level but, as you say, for un-even ground,
> it's a pain.
>
> I wonder why the manufacturer's don't offer the mowers with a chain option.
>
> I may start converting mine this weekend.
>
> Dick

Liability. With the rigid links the mower acts sort of like a wheely bar
if the operator decides to act stupid. It also prevents the mower from
tipping up enough to expose the blades.

Personally I like the chain because it makes the mower follow the
terrain better. Also makes it easier when your backing up as the mower
will ride up instead of trying to dig in.

--
Steve W.
(\___/)