[AT] 3pt mower top link

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Sat Aug 28 07:26:44 PDT 2010

If you use a chain as the top link, Dick, then hook-up for the rear-mounted mower is much simpler because you don't have to adjust the mower to trail correctly over un-even ground.  It keeps you from having to compensate the hitch to keep the mower from scalping or from high-centering the whole rig.  I had a couple of woods mowers that I could hitch either way, and I much preferred using a chain.  Some of the off-brand mowers are actually set-up so you don't have to use anything as a top link, and the mower runs on its own wheels all the time.

Larry