[AT] OT Posts

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 19:37:42 PDT 2010

Cecil,

Right On - I agree with you on this list. Most of the O/T posts have some interest to others on the ATIS BB. I enjoy reading many of them when I can. Sometimes I have less interest than I do time time, and the delete key or the down arrow works fine.

Thanks,
Dennis

I personally like the off topic posts, as there is a wealth of knowledge
within the list members.   I have a lot of old tractors and lets get
real.  There are not a lot of really high tech or rocket scientist
problems that erupt with them.  The most complicated thing is the
hydraulics and those problems are usually a leak or not leaking as it
should.  These things wre made simple so they would last 4 lifetimes.
......  Also my auto cad program is now
obsolete (2004) so I cannot call anyone and get any tech assistance.
Their solution is to upgrade for $5000  ...
At least the guys on this list have done enough varied occupations that
they can relate to what I am talking about and can offer suggestions.  I
also believe that just because we have the technology to ad a bunch of
bells and whistles, it doesn't mean we should.

I don't like the format of those other types of lists, I like this one.
I read it religiously.  I seldom read a newspaper, but I open up my
email list several times a day.

Cecil in OKla

I personally enjoyed the dynamite story.   And I, too,  think the
country has changed way way too much