[AT] WAS: Snow Blower now Belt Dressing

Gunnells, Bradley R brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu
Wed Aug 18 13:22:55 PDT 2010

Hmmm...I've got a bunch of old candle wax laying around. Price is right.  ;-) I'll have to see about trying that next time I have it out.

BTW this old buzz saw has been semi converted. It was a Dearborn unit with the right angle pulley that bolted to the back of the tractor (Ford/Ferguson) and ran the belt to the drive shaft. Both pulleys are crowned. Dad added a 3-point framework to the unit and mounted the pulley on it and ran a PTO shaft to the tractor. Requires little time to attach and use. Don't have to fiddle with placement when sawing. Drop on the ground and go.

Brad