[Farmall] stuck push rods

William Ransom wllmrnsm89 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 18:49:41 PDT 2010

It turned out it was the cam followers that were stuck. My brother David and
I got them unstuck today. The rear-most valve was also stuck. I took the oil
filter off to make it easier to get to the cam followers, and I found some
water in the oil filter base. Since there was water there, I thought there
would probably be some in the oil pan. I drained the water out of the oil
pan and put the plug back in when oil started to come out, but I think the
oil should probably be changed. I had never even loosened the plug in the
oil pan since I changed the oil in 2001. I think the water in the oil was
probably the main problem. Anyway, I have a new problem now -- with the
starter switch. When I tried to crank the engine with the starter today,
nothing seemed to happen. I checked with a volt meter and found that the
battery was still charged and the battery cables conducted electricity from
the battery. The last time I pushed the button on the starter switch, I saw
a spark near where the wires are connected to it, so then I disconnected the
battery.