[Farmall] stuck push rods

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Aug 12 15:39:23 PDT 2010

If it was my tractor, I would douse the rocker shaft assembly liberally
with kerosene, ATF, or some other solvent, and start tapping on the
rockers gently with a mallet to see if they break free. If they do break
free, then you need to pour some oil over the whole mess.

Note that using solvent like this will run down and dilute your oil, so
it would be a good idea to change the oil afterward.

Worst case, you would have to removed the whole rocker assembly,
disassemble it, clean it up, and put it back together. If you are very
careful to keep everything in exactly the right order when you put it
back together, you shouldn't have all that much work to re-adjust the
valves.)

But the other question is why the rockers would be frozen - it could be
due to oil not getting up to the rocker shaft assembly because of a
plugged oil line (or something). (been there, done that...)

Mike