[Ford-ferguson] Fw: Re: distributor

Richard D Lotze rdlotze at juno.com
Wed Aug 11 19:22:46 PDT 2010

Russ:
I would say from your description the cam shaft gear has come unbolted or
sheared the key - Book shows 4 bolts holding gear to shaft.
Pull the valve covers off ( behind the carburetor) and see if the valve
lifters are working. If they are NOT, the cam shaft is not turning.
You will have to take the front axle off, but I don't think you need to
drop the pan. Remove gear cover which has the distributor mounted on.
Good Luck
Dick