[AT] HF sawmill

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 10:07:27 PDT 2010

I once had a young man working for me that never met a tool he
> couldn't break.  :-)  He went through string trimmers like an elephant
> through peanuts. :-)  He was a hard worker, just hard on stuff.
> Everything.
> Everyones priorities are different. If you can easily afford the best
> and you are not taking from your family doing so then why not treat
> yourself to the best. If on the other hand you feel you deserve the
> best but your poor wife is beating the laundry on a riverbank rock
> maybe your priorities are a bit askew... :-)
> In my case I would rather take a nice vacation than over spend on
> tools. I buy a LOT of stuff at yard sales.

Nicely put, Farmer. I usually keep my string trimmers going about 10 years
(last one was 12) before I can't keep them running anymore, then toss it...
and my wife drives a LOT newer vehicle (04 Camry) than I do. I put her
safety (and our son's) above mine since I know I can generally figure out a
way to keep broken stuff running long enough to get it fixed right, or
replaced. (knocking on wood).

I try to pick battles I can win. Momma's car breaking down isn't one of
them. Heck, she bought it herself anyway. :)

Ken in AZ