[Ford-ferguson] distributor

Jack Tractor jacktractor at live.com
Mon Aug 9 18:38:49 PDT 2010

Are you saying that you are unable to rotate the distributor in the block?

[ russgman at aol.com] I think I didn't get this out on the list, so try again I am

!950 late model 8N, started up and as backing out of the barn it shut off like the switch was shut off.
Long story short:  no fire to plugs, discovered the rotor on the distributor isn't turning when I crank.
I assume the problem is in the distributor, broken shaft or gear.  The rotor/shaft won't turn when I apply gentle pressure
so I'm not sure what the problem is.  Sound like I'm on the right track?

It looks like the distributor will have to come out so I can figure this out.  I would like to have it rebuilt while I have it out,
meaning I would like to find a kit to refurbish or some one who will inspect and repair/refurbish it.

Any suggestions???

I've worked on one distributor before and we had to put a chain hoist on it to pull it out and broke the housing in
the process, 80 Chevy Truck.  Is there a better way to get these things out of a block????

Russ
50 Redbelly