[Ford-ferguson] Didstributor problems

russgman at aol.com russgman at aol.com
Sat Aug 7 15:59:44 PDT 2010

 Started tractor up and got about a foot toward the door and died like the switch was turned off.  Started chasing voltages, grounds, etc and finally settled on the distributor being the source (or lack of source) the electric problem.  Popped the cap and pushed the starter switch to check to see if the points were stuck together or anything. The rotor doesn't move when I turn over the engine, nor does it move when I put a little pressure on the rotor to swing it around.
 I think this means that I need to pull the distributor and inspect the gear at the bottom of the shaft.  The gear is held in place with a pin but if that was broken I would think the shaft would spin sorta freely.
Never pulled one of these on a tractor and was looking for guidence on repair and re-install assuming I can get it out.  It is a side distributor so access should be OK.
Russ 1950 Redbelly