[AT] Spmebody refresh my failing memory...

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 06:52:48 PDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Mike Sloane <mikesloane at verizon.net> wrote:
> Yes, it should be fine.
>
> Mike
>
> On 8/5/2010 8:20 AM, Indiana Robinson wrote:
>> I have the generator completely removed from my 4020. If I want to run
>> it 30 seconds to move it as long as I have the "ARM" and "FIELD" wires
>> completely removed from the regulator isn't the regulator and wiring
>> safe?
>> Dang I miss my mind...  :-)

====================================

Thanks Mike. I used to just do this stuff and hardly had to think
about it. I just knew it. These days I find myself double checking
myself over and over on simple stuff, not just the tough stuff. I
sometimes believe that my mother's long down-hill train crash with
Alzheimer's was almost as destructive to my mind as it was to hers.
That is why I keep advising guys that mention dealing with a parent
with dementia to never try to go it alone... Sometimes less connected
strangers can deal with things better. Happily my mind is "slowly"
coming back. (quit laughing guys...)
:-)
At my worst I had to look at a phone number maybe 4 or 5 times to be
able to dial it. Now I can read off the number and dial it fine. (I
just don't want to.)
;-)
My problem wasn't dementia but more like PTSD. My father also had bad
dementia (not looking good for me) before he died but his heart failed
soon enough to spare him the worst of it. On a tractor note during his
last years I could not park a tractor or implement near the shop or he
would take the valve caps off of the tires. At his worst he would
sabotage stuff like pulling on the ignition on the Farmalls or let the
air out of a tire. I was buying 3 point lynch pins 2 dozen at a time.
I still have not found where he was stashing them. His last year was a
little better since he could not leave the house very much and he kind
of mellowed a little as well.
How did I get off on this tangent? :-)
Thanks again.

--

Be tolerant of almost everything but intolerance...

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA
robinson46176 at gmail.com