[AT] How embarrassing... :-(

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 05:47:17 PDT 2010

Funny thing about that John Deere regulator. It was sealed in the box
with the factory tape and the big old staple at both ends so I know
that it was never out of the box. Somebody at Delco must have been
angry. Fortunately I decided to back the terminal screws out before I
mounted the regulator on the tractor. They were dead tight... 6 months
ago I would have thought I was just weak but as I have gotten better I
have gotten pretty much all of my strength back. I ended up bleeding
on it a little. I had a good screwdriver of the right size and the
blade was good but I could not back those screws out holding the thing
in my hand. I was working outside using the golf cart (has a small
dump bed on it) as a work bench/tool pile spot. I grabbed a big rag
and wadded it up under the regulator on the bed and with another rag
wound around the handle of the screwdriver and applying all of my
might I finally got them all backed out. Each would break loose with a
loud "snap". Once broken loose they were just fine.
Strange...

--

Be tolerant of almost everything but intolerance...

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA
robinson46176 at gmail.com