[AT] Oliver OC3 Dozer. Whats it worth?

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Tue Aug 3 06:10:38 PDT 2010

    I bought a Case 320 dozer about 10 years ago. It is probably closer to
an OC-4 than a -3. It has been a very handy size dozer around the farm. It
has a 6 foot blade and weighs about 6000 pounds, so can trailer it behind my
pickup. It has been very useful in cleaning up my small farm and bieng
narrow, it will go anywhere in the woods. I have plowed with it with my 2-16
Case plow and also worked ground pulling my 13 foot disc. Really gives a
nice ride on freshly plowed ground. It has cleared snow when nothing else
would go through the drifts. Pulls out stuck tractors, trucks and even skid
loader.

    A smaller dozer will do a lot of the jobs bigger tractors will do, just
takes a little longer. Smaller dozers have a lot lighter footprint and do
not tear up the ground as much as a bigger tractor.

    I paid $2400 for the 320 and hauled it home from Iowa. Had a few
undercarriage problems, but these were all solved when I was able to buy a
complete chassis and undercarriage from the local wrecking yard. Everything
was replaced from the final drives to tracks.

    I would value the OC-3 in working condition at about $1600 to $2000. A
collector might pay more, but not a whole lot more unless really nice shape.

                                Gene