[AT] Farmall 340

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 08:52:28 PDT 2010

That has been my advice to friends for some years now when they think they
want an N ford.  I have an 8N and a 340 U.  Unfortunately, my 340 U does not
have live PTO (I guess we could call it a dead PTO, at least when the clutch
is depressed).  Nor does it have a TA.  Even so, given that the Fords are a
nice little tractor, the 340's are a lot more for usually not much more
SSSS.  The power steering alone is a big plus.  Put the 340 in front of a
five foot bush hog in heavy cutting, and listen to the governor open while
it cuts its way through, rather than bogging down and requiring a back up to
clear the mower.  Big difference.

Charlie V. in WNY