[AT] New Harbor Freight website it has a major security hole.

pga2 at BasicISP.net pga2 at BasicISP.net
Fri Apr 30 04:38:21 PDT 2010

This sounds to me like someone has hijacked their website. I agree,
don't use it for at least a week. If it still does teh same thing then,
wait another week. I have two HF stores within 25 miles of the house so
I don't order off the website unless it's something I cannot get any
other way.

Phil

--- falcon at telenet.net wrote:

From: "Steve W." <falcon at telenet.net>
To: ATIS LIST <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>,        Engine list <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>,        Metal Casting <castinghobby at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [AT] New Harbor Freight website it has a major security hole.
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 23:34:57 -0400

DO NOT USE IT!!!!

I went there and looked it over. Yes it's slow. They have a notice that
if you had an account prior to the 19 you need to sign up for a new one.

I clicked the account button to create a new account.

Instead of getting any type of account log in or sign-up page I was sent
to the account of a person who lives in the 914 area of NY. It listed
the name,address,phone numbers and recent orders for this person.

Thinking this was a glitch I tried to exit and reload the page.
It brought up a new page with the account information of a person in
Wisconsin!

I closed down the browser, flushed the memory and went back to the site
to see if I could get in. Went to the same "secure" section of the site
and tried the account button again. It took me to yet another members
account information!

I just sent the customer service an E-mail about it but don't know if
they will take action.

--
Steve W.
(\___/)