[AT] What to do..

Chuck Bealke bealke at airmail.net
Thu Apr 29 14:19:18 PDT 2010

On 4/29/2010 10:54 AM, Ron Cook wrote:
> Will,
>      Well, a call would have tipped his hand.  He had no concern for me.
> His brother that was with me claims to this day he didn't think the
> other would buy that car.  I probably should have known better, as the
> father was pretty much that way also, and I knew that.
>      Friendship is okay........now.  But I hold my cards very close to
> this day when I am around either brother.
>      Life's little lessons.....

Y'all,

As maddening as buying trips can be, sellers have stories too. Back in
my motorcycle daze, a buyer came to my place to test ride a nice
Husqvarna Enduro bike I was selling.  He seemed OK, but he asked a LOT
of questions - evidently to make me think he was serious about buying.
After a good while climbing  hills and probably jumping a few things
with the machine - he was close enough I could always hear him - he came
back and left abruptly. I realized he had just been wanting a  joy ride
on a cool machine to brag about to his friends. This had killed about my
whole morning (interrupting work, being home, etc.)  Once in hard times,
I took a job for six weeks selling Dodge cars in KC. That was a learning
experience. The salesmen, one of them an ex-circus barker and none a
prospect for ministry, had a common mantra, "Buyers are liars."  For
some complex and unfortunate reasons, they were too often right.

Chuck Bealke
Dallas