[AT] What to do..

Dean Van Peursem deanvp at att.net
Wed Apr 28 23:06:14 PDT 2010

There is one thing that would make me uncomfortable. If you found out that she has committed to wait
until Saturday to the first caller to show up then what.....? I'm also confused by a model 60 Garden
Tractor.  To quote:

"When I opened it up, the seller's "garden tractor" is an all original John Deere 60 orchard
tractor, with a plow and disc for $1,500."

There was a JD model 60 Garden Tractor made from 1966 to 1969. However, I'm not aware of a
compatible plow and disk for this model Garden Tractor or even an "orchard model. Sometimes a blade
is called a snow "plow" and there was a model 40 blade for the model 60 Garden Tractor.

Now if this is a real 60 Orchard model then yes this is a real opportunity if all the sheet metal
doesn't need to be replaced.  If all the sheet metal needs to be replaced then find out what that
replacement sheet metal costs before getting too excited. I would call to make sure this is a real
JD 60 Orchard made from 1953(1954 model year) to 1956 of which the total production quantity was in
the 800's. I would ask what the serial number is and determine if the 1st two digits were 60 and
then ask what the rear tire size is? They should be 26" diameter tires. A rule of thumb I use is:
"If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is".

Dean VP
Snohomish, WA 98290

Confidence is the feeling you have before you completely understand the situation!