[AT] Come-a-longs

Mark Greer markagreer at embarqmail.com
Wed Apr 28 17:50:08 PDT 2010

By far the best come-along you can buy. I have dragged more stuff with mine
than you can imagine including a 76 one ton Chevy truck with frozen rear
brakes that I dragged onto a trailer a couple weeks ago with the entire bed
full of scrap metal. The truck and scrap weighed 7000+ lbs and the rear
wheels were frozen up and skidded the whole way onto the trailer. I double
lined the come-along with the pulley that comes attached to it and one click
at a time I dragged that puppy on my trailer. I have worn out two cables on
mine since I bought it and it is a well made piece of equipment. My Dad and
I have loaded well over a hundred saw logs with it, the largest being a
36"x12ft red oak log that weighed as much as my truck. I've used it to load
broke-down cars that couldn't be driven on a trailer. I've used it to pull
barns and other buildings back to level, square, and plumb. Sorry if I sound
like a commercial for Wyeth-Scott but it is probably one of the best buys
I've ever made when it comes to tools.
Mark