[Farmall] power steering for a IH M

D&J Eberhdt djbmme at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 26 18:41:55 PDT 2010

I have an IH M and want to install power steering. I purchased a char-lynn motor and prince priority valve. I plumbed from the pump in front of the distribuitor to the priority valve. From the priority port to the motor then to the hydraulic tank. When I started the tractor the steering wheel locked up tight. I switched the hoses on the motor and started the tractor and the steering wheel turned all the way oneway and wouldn't budge. I don't know very much about hydraulics and I'm lost when it comes to this. I was wondering if anyone can help. Any help is greatly appericated. Thanks again Dave.