[AT] How Much Shrinkage?

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 07:01:28 PDT 2010

Hi Gene,

White oak on my trailer deck started with no gap and ended up with probably
between 1/2 to 3/4".  the boards were 7 1/2 inch cut so 10 boards would make
the width of the trailer and were sawn two days before I installed them.
Your Hickory starts with 13 % less moisture, so should shrink less.  Here is
the scuttlebutt straight from the experts at Prudue University.

http://www.ces.purdue.edu/extmedia/FNR/FNR-37.html

Charlie V. in WNY